Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 9: Sandwiches, Burgers, Cheese Fries.

I didn't take any pictures yesterday, mostly because I forgot. Whoops. But we literally ate out for every meal....also bad. But anyways...it started when my boyfriend asked me if I wanted to go to lunch. He only had half an hour, so we just went to Subway. I got a turkey sandwich on Italian herbs and cheese bread with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, banana peppers, and spicy mustard (should have just done oil and vinegar, whoops). Here's a realistic picture of a sandwich I found on the internet, one that's not all fluffed up and plastic.


Speaking of which, this reminds me of a photo I saw on Reddit yesterday:

We did end up getting burgers later, at the Five Guys in Cheyenne. It was just before we went over there to see The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, which is not playing in town. Though, to be honest, I was more than happy to not pay $8 to see a movie on a screen I could potentially install in my apartment.

Interestingly, a Google search of images for "Five Guys Burgers" does not yield any fake advertisement burgers.


My burger had ketchup, mustard, grilled onions, lettuce, and tomato. Normally, I would just order everything, but I've found that doing so results in a very messy burger, and I'd prefer to keep my hands clean. (Actually, a friend who came along for the ride did order a burger with everything, and his did end up falling apart.)

Boyfriend and I shared an order of Cajun Fries.


When the movie ended, it was about 9:00. There was some buzz going on around the media about the possibility of seeing the Northern Lights, so we stopped in at Old Chicago for a few beers before heading out there. Boyfriend was hungry (yes, two hours after we'd eaten a full meal), so he ended up ordering some cheese fries.


They looked something like the above photo, except there were some green onions a lot more sour cream. Boyfriend looks at it and makes a comment along the lines of, "Why is there so much sour cream?" and ends up scraping as much as possible off his fries with a fork. I also caught him picking some green onions off his fries. And no, it's nothing I haven't seen before.

While we were there, I ended up drinking two beers: an Odell's Cutthroat Porter and a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.


And in case you're wondering, we were not able to see the northern lights. Apparently, the geomagnetic storm came in weaker than expected, and it looks like nobody in our part of the country was able to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment