Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 1 Continued: Hangover Food

I was planning on eating some leftover tacos, but while I was on the phone with my best friend, another call came in from a girlfriend of mine. So I told him, "Hang on one second - somebody else is calling" and picked up. She told me she was still hungover from last night's New Years Eve celebrations and asked me to go to McAllister's and get her "hangover cure" for her (by the way, she called me at 7:00pm) and buy me dinner in exchange. I didn't want to get greedy, but I did grab a bowl of broccoli cheddar. (Sorry about the photo quality - I took this over at her house, where she still had the lights down low.) 
I was still a bit hungry later, so I ended up eating a bit of the guacamole that was still leftover from last night. While making the guacamole, I tried something new and added fresh cilantro to the guacamole. I also added about half of an onion, two Roma tomatoes (both diced), lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper. Since I was making it for others, I had my friends taste-test it, and they approved of the flavor, though I would have added more lemon juice and cayenne pepper if I had been making it for myself. The guacamole goes well with the chicken tacos.

 I also made spicy banana bread yesterday, using this basic recipe. My family had a recipe they used to follow, though I found it pretty dry, so I started experimenting with other recipes. So far, this one's my favorite. I also added a bit of allspice, ginger, and nutmeg in addition to the cinnamon. Unfortunately, I left it in the oven for about five minutes longer than I should have, so the bread is a little drier than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment